1 bundle fresh watercress
- 1/2 fresh chicken, or 500g bones, or 500g pork ribs
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 handful pitted red dates
- 1 handful Chinese wolfberries
- 3 large soup bowls of water (boiled till amount is reduced to about 2 large bowls)
1. Rinse watercress thoroughly.
2. In a soup pot, put all ingredients in and bring to a gradual boil over medium heat. Once the water comes to a rolling bowl, lower the flame and let the soup simmer gently. This should take about an hour or longer, if you want a more robust flavour.
3. If, like me, you are using a pressure cooker, all it takes is about 15-20mins.
4. Add salt to taste if desired.