- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb cooked chorizo or kielbasa sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine (such as Rioja, Bordeaux or Merlot) or beef broth
- 1In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- 2Add garlic; cook and stir 30 to 60 seconds or until fragrant. Add sausage slices; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- 3Stir in paprika, coriander and ground red pepper. Add tomato sauce and wine; cook about 5 minutes to reduce slightly, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with cocktail toothpicks.