Grilled Vegetables and Feta Rice(makes 4 servings)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion (chopped)
1cup grilled vegetables (eg red bell pepper, eggplant, mushroom, zucchini.. .sliced)
1 teaspoon oregano (chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dry)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup long grained rice or brown rice
2 1/2 cups vegetable broth or plain water
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the grilled vegetables and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Add less salt if using broth
5. Add the rice and broth and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes (40 minutes for brown rice). I used the Rice Cooker.
7. Remove from the heat and mix in the feta.