- 2 cups All Purpose flour (plain flour or maida)
- 1/2 cup sooji (semolina )
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain(carom seeds)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water (use as needed)
- Oil to fry
Take each part of the dough and make a flat ball shape. Roll them into 28-30 inch circles.
Cut diagonally into strips.. .
the strips can be thinner or smaller in shape...
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- The frying pan should have atleast 1 1/2 inch of oil.To check if the oil is ready, put a small piece of dough in the oil. The dough should make the oil sizzle and come up slowly.
- Fry a few namak paras at a time. Make sure to place just enough to cover the frying oil.
Take it out on a kitchen towel.
cool and serve
Namak para can be stored for a couple of months in airtight containers.