3- 4 Rotis/toritllas
Onion – 1, chopped finely
tomato - cubed into small pieces
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
2 Green chillies chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp garam masala powder
8-10 Curry leaves
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp Oil
Salt according to taste
1.Heat the oil in a pan, when hot add mustard, ginger garlic paste,curry leaves, green chilies, all the dry masala's and tumeric powders and mix well.
2. Now Add the onion and saute till they turn golden brown, now add chopped tomatoes,fry for a minute or two and salt and mix well.
3. Shred roti/chapathi/ tortilla into small pieces
4. Add shredded roti to above mixture and toss well so that all the roti pieces are well coated, takes about a minute or two.
5. Remove from flame and add lemon juice and adjust salt accordingly
6. Garnish with corriander and enjoy it piping hot
- Take a wide pan/wok/karahi, heat oil in that.
- Add mustard seeds once they splutter add curry leaves, also add hing.
- Turn the gas to high & add cabbage & cook it for 1-2 minutes on high heat only and then add peas & corn. Keep stirring veggies as it's on high heat.
- After another minute or so add salt, turmeric, chilli powder & chopped green chillies.
- After another minute or so add roti pieces, mix everything together. Once rotis get coating of all the flavors, around 2 minute, turn the gas off.
- Sprinkle peanuts, sesame seeds and lime juice. Garnish with green onions or cilantro.
Note : this dish is done on high heat & no liquids are used, only little oil, so make sure U keep stirring the veggies otherwise they might stick to the bottom of pan. If needed use only a spoon or two of water. Cooking them quickly on high heat helps in retaining the crunchiness of cabbage. If U prefer little water can be used & cabbage can be cooked till it's fully soft. Once dish is done Covering the pan with lid will also helps in getting some moisture to the dish & making it little more soft.
- 5-6 Rotis, Cooked and then torn to pieces
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Thick Yogurt
- Pinch of Hing
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in deep vessel with mustard and cumin seeds, until they crackle.
2. Add hing(Asafoetida), ginger-chili paste, turmeric, and curry leaves. Saute for minute.
3. Add water, salt and bring it to boil, then add rotis in it. Turn down the heat, Cover vessel with lid and cook rotis until all the water is aavaporated. Stir occasionally.
4. Add yogurt and stir. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add cilantro and serve with hot tea.