300g medium-sized shrimps, deveined
15 pc scallops
1 medium-sized onion, roughly chopped
1/2 thumb sized ginger
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric
4 green cardamom pods, crushed
4 pcs dried chillies
400 ml coconut milk
juice from 1 fresh lime
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp oil
2. Blend together onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and oil in a blender, once it forms a smooth paste remove from blender then set aside.
3. Using a heavy pan add a small amount of oil then the blended paste on step 1, stir until fragrant.
4. Add the mustard seeds, turmeric and cardamom then stir fry for 1 minute.
5. Now add the coconut milk and bring to a boil, once boiling add the pan seared seafood, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add fish sauce to taste and lime juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper then serve.