8 skinless chicken thighs
2 large red onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cardamom
4 cloves garlic, minced
150 ml plain yogurt
2 tsp flour, diluted in 1/2 cup water
300 ml chicken stock
150 ml double cream
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1. In a pan add oil and brown the chicken pieces on all sides. Drain the chicken and set aside.
2. Now on a pot, add the oil from the chicken and saute onions until soft and brown in color.
3. Add garlic and ginger mix it well then add all the spices (coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli powder and cardamom). Stir fry in low heat until fragrant.
4. Now still in low heat add the youghurt gradually, this is important as if dont do it in a gradual manner and low heat the youghurt will curdle.
5. Once all the yoghurt is in place add diluted flour mixture which will thicken the sauce. Now add the stock gradually and mix it well.
6. Now increase the heat ot medium high and place the chicken, bring it to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes in low heat.
7. Add the double cream, lemon juice, salt and sugar then simmer for additional 5 minutes.