3/4 cup lemon juice
225g unsalted butter, softened
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1/3 cup lemon zest
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup milk, warm
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2. Gradually add eggs one at a time while continuously mixing.
3. Mix in the lemon zest.
4. In a separate bowl, Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. In another bowl combine 1/4 cup lemon juice, milk and vanilla.
6. Add the flour mixture to the lemon juice mixture, mix evenly then place on a greased baking dish.
7. Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 50 minutes or until fully baked (always check the middle part).
8. While cake is baking mix together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup lemon juice in a sauce pan, cook in low heat until sugar is fully dissolved.
9. Remove cake from oven, place it in a wire rack then let it cool. Once cooled down pour lemon and sugar syrup on top.
10. Prepare the glaze by combining confectioners’ sugar and the lemon juice in a bowl, mix until smooth. Pour on top of the cake then serve.