The typical recipe is using veal (a young cow) but if you have difficulty finding veal you can also use other meats such as pork, rabbit, chicken and lamb
2 onions, halved
2 carrots, chopped
20 pcs white pearl onions
250g brown mushrooms
2 tbsp flour
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup cream
flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 bouquet garni (6 parlsey stalks, 2 celery stalks, 1 bay leaf, 6 peppercorns, 3 thyme sprigs, placed inside muslin and tied)
freshly grround black pepper
2. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Add carrots and simmer for additional 15 minutes.
4. Now remove onions, lemon and bouquet garni. You can thorw this away as we will not be using them anymore.
5. Using a colander, separate broth and meat. Set aside.
6. Heat up a heavy pan and put 25g butter, add pearl onions and mushrooms. Pan fry for 4 minutes then set aside.
7. Add the remaining butter and flour, mix until it thickens (becomes roux), add around 600 ml of stock and mix well make sure its free of lumps, bring to a boil then add the cooked meat, carrots, mushrooms and pearl onions. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
8. Now add the cream and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for additional 2 minutes.
9. Turn of heat and add egg yolks and give it a good mix, serve with chopped parsely on top.