110g caster sugar
zest of 1 orange, grated
2 eggs, yolks separated
75 ml milk
140 plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
50g, pistachio nuts, chopped
25g white chocolate chips
75g apricot jam
2. Cream the butter and sugar using mixer until thouroughly mixed.
3. Now add orange zest, egg yolks and milk until evenly mixed. Then place in a large bowl.
4. Now fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture.
5. Add salt, 25g of pistacios and chocolate chips.
6. Now beat the egg whites until still like meringue then fold this into the mixture.
7. Now using a piping bag or spoon, place in paper cake holder until 2/3 full and place on a small muffin pan.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let it cool.
10. Once warm, brush the top of the mini cakes with jam and sprinkle ground pistacios.