6 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 cubes
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons minced dried onion or 1/2 fresh onion
2 teaspoons garlic, fresh or dried
4 chicken breasts, skinless-boneless
20 ounces broccoli, fresh or frozen
1 can cream of chicken soup - 10 3/4 oz. can
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup seasoned croutons
1/4 cup butter, melted
Rice for 6 servings, optional
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
|Cook Time: 45 minutes|
|Total Time: 1.25 hours|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat inside of the casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill a large sauce pan with 6 cups water, chicken bouillon, onion, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken breasts, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes.
- Drain and cut into cubes approximately 1/2 inch in size; set aside.
- Place broccoli in a heat safe container. Pour boiling salt water over broccoli; drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream soup, lemon juice, and curry powder.
- Arrange broccoli in bottom of prepared baking dish. Place chicken on top and cover with sauce, cheese, and croutons.
- Drizzle melted butter over the entire casserole.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve the casserole over a bed of rice if desired.
TIP: For a quick and easy alternative, purchase a rotisserie chicken; remove the skin; and use the breast, thigh, and leg meat. You can also purchase microwave ready bagged vegetables that reduce the preparation and cooking time for this recipe.