Friday, 15 July 2011
Using Oregano is Good
Oregano belongs to the mint family of plants. Besides culinary purposes, oregano can also be used for its medicinal properties.
Here are some of its varied benefits...
- Oregano leaves are a good source of manganese, iron and Vitamin A. Regularly eating these fresh leaves can help boost the immune system.
- Thymol and carvacol compounds present in oregano are beneficial in aiding digestion and treating stomach upsets. Drink a glass of water with two to three drops of oregano oil for relief.
- Oregano is known to relieve menstrual cramps. Chew a few leaves thrice a day to seek relief.
- Severe cold and lung congestion can be treated using oregano oil. Add a few drops of this oil to a glass of water and drink for about three to five days.
- Oregano oil contains antibacterial and antiviral properties, and is useful for treating skin infections.