- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup imported pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Plus, plain tomato sauce for the cooked patties.
How to make Egg Patties
- Mix all ingredients, allow to sit 1 hour. The mixture must have the consistency of wet cement — not too runny. Can add more bread crumbs or Italian cheese if needed.
- Fry 1 tablespoon full of the egg mixture in canola oil (about 1/2″ deep), dropping several into your pan. Turn when pattie is brown and cook both sides. Remove when brown, drain on paper towels and add to tomato sauce. Sauce should be somewhat thin since the egg pattie will absorb the sauce.