Monday, 11 July 2011
Thai Green Curry Chicken
1. 4 chicken thigh or breast without fat thinly sliced
2. 200 gms Chopped green beans into thin vertical strips
3. 1 can of coconut milk unsweetened
Green Curry Paste:
1. 3 small fresh green chillies, chopped
2. 2 cloves garlic, chopped
3. 3 spring onions, chopped
4. 1/4 cup chopped fresh lemon grass
5. 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
6. 2 tbsp oil
7. 1 tsp of fresh lime juice
8. 2 tbsp water
9. 1 tsp Asian fish sauce
10. 1/2 tsp ground cumin
11. 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
12. 3 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced separately for garnishing
1. Prepare the green curry paste. Blend all ingredients into blender for smooth green curry paste.
2. Heat oil in a wok or non stick pan.
3. Add the green curry paste in pan or wok, keep on stirring for about 2-3 minutes until it is you can smell the spices and herbs.
4. Add the chicken and let it cook into the paste for 3 minutes.
5. Now add beans to the pan and cook, keep on stirring in between and cook it with a lid close.
6. Add the coconut milk now, stir in and simmer until broth or paste slightly thickens.
7. Enjoy hot with steamed rice.