- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized carrot, diced
- 1 medium sized red pepper diced
- 1 medium sized green pepper diced
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 egg, scrambled 1 handful of chopped spring onions
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple diced
- 1 tablespoon tamari ( or a dash of dark soya sauce)
- 1 tbsp. yellow curry powder
Cook scrambled eggs, set aside. Now in a really hot wok cook onion, carrot, pea, garlic,the peppers & pineapple chunks, set aside.
Fry the rice for 1 minute and add the veggies back in. Now add pineapple juice, tamari, and curry powder. Garnish with the greens of spring onion, and for a beautiful presentation, scoop out the inside of a pineapple and stuff the rice inside. Serve immediately.
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice(makes 4 servings)
1 tablespoon oil
2 shallots (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 red chili (chopped)
1 red pepper (diced)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
3 tablespoons chicken stock (or vegetable broth)
3 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup cashews (roasted)
3 cups cooked rice (preferably a day old)
1 cup pineapple (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 cup shrimp (cooked, optional)
1/4 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup currants (or raisins)
2 green onions (sliced)
1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the shallots, garlic, chillies and red pepper and stir-fry until fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add the egg and stir-fry for a minute.
4. Add the chicken stock, fish sauce, curry powder and sugar and stir-fry.
5. Add the cashews and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the rice, break up any clumps and stir-fry for a few minutes.
7. Add the pineapple, shrimp, peas and raisins and stir-fry to mix them in.
8. Remove from heat and serve garnished with chopped green onions and cilantro.