Monday, 11 July 2011
Lotus stem Curry...Kamal kakdi
1. ½ kg of fresh peeled and diced bhe/ kamal kakdi/lotus root or one frozen packet already diced and peeled ( If it is fresh wash it thoroughly under tap water as these roots are full of mud even inside of it)
2. 1 medium chopped finely in chopper
3. 1 cup of tomato sauce or puree
4. ½ tbsp of ginger
5. ½ tsp. of garlic minced (optional)
6. ½ tbsp. of green chili minced
7. Salt to Taste
8. ½ tbsp. of turmeric powder
9. ½ tbsp of red chili powder
10. ½ tbsp of coriander/dhaniya powder
11. ½ tsp. of amchoor powder
12. ½ tsp. of garam masala
1. In a pressure cooker add 3 tbsp of oil.
2. Add onions, ginger garlic paste and green chili.
3. Let it cook till they caramelized
4. Now add all the dry spices.
5. When the spices seem to be cooked add tomato sauce.
6. Stir it and cook till it starts leaving oil on sides.
7. Add Bhe / Kamal Kakdi
8. Add 1 cup of water and close the lid.
9. After 2-3 whistles it will be cooked.
10. Serve with steamed rice or Roti / Chapatti