1 loaf Italian bread or French bread, unsliced
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 garlic clove, smashed (add another if desired)
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1. Slice loaf, LEAVING CRUST INTACT, into slices.
2. It is important NOT to slice through the bottom.
3. Set aside.
4. Mix butter with .
5. Allow to sit on counter a while, so flavors travel all through the butter.
6. Take a length of foil, and place loaf lengthwise on the foil.
7. Very gently, spread slices apart, being careful not to break bottom, and spread with butter mixture.
8. When all slices are spread, use any leftover butter to spread the top of the loaf.
9. Wrap sides of foil up.
10. Leave top UNCOVERED.
11. Twist ends of foil.
12. Bake on tray for about 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
13. This is great with spaghetti or lasagna.
14. When baking lasagna, just put it in with the lasagna for the last hour of baking time.
per serving: 212 calories, 13.4g fat, 1.0g fiber