Ingredients for Tomato Chutney
- Ripe Tomato - 1 , big sized , roughly chopped (or 2 medium size tomatoes)
- Yellow or red onion - 1, big sized (preferrably same size as tomato), roughly chopped (or 2 medium sized onions)
- Garlic cloves - 3 , peeled
- Dried red chilli - 2
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Split black gram - 1 1 /2 tsps
- Fresh Curry leaves - 7 to 8
- Asafoetida - 1/8 tsp
- Sesame oil - 3 tbsps
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a skillet. Add mustard seeds, when it starts to splutter add asafoetida, curry leaves, black gram, curry leaves and dried red chilli.Method
After few seconds add onions and garlic. Saute`till the onion turns pink in color. Next add chopped tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes becomes soft.
Blend them coarsely in a food processor. Add salt to taste and serve with hot idlis or dosas.