Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 500g chicken stir-fry strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 3cm lengths
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves (see note), torn
- steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the chicken. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with 2 teaspoons oil and remaining chicken strips.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to wok. Swirl to coat. Add garlic, ginger, onions and chilli. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add choy sum. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until bright green.
- Return chicken to wok with oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until combined. Stir through cashews and basil. Serve with steamed rice.
- Thai basil, also known as holy basil, has purple stalks with reddish-green leaves. It has a strong taste and is traditionally used in stir-fries and salads.