Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Chicken - 1k.g/2.2lb
- Garlic cloves - 10-15
- Onions, chopped - 1/2 (medium sized)
- Green Chili - 4
- Curry leaves - 25 individual leaves
- Soya Sauce - 1 1/2 tablespoon (for dark Soya Sauce) or 2 tablespoon (for light colored Soya Sauce)
- Pepper Powder - 1 or 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Lime or Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Turmetic powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander or Cilantro for garnish
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4-6 people
1. Heat oil and ghee under medium heat in a deep frying pan or khadhai.
2. Add crushed garlic cloves. Saute and stir for 2 minutes
3. Add onion, green chillies (vertically sliced) and curry leaves to the mixture. Stir the ingredients for 2 more minutes
4. Then add chicken and mix the contents of the pan.
5. Now lower the heat and cover the pan with a lid. Allow the chicken to cook for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add tumeric, salt to taste and mix it thoroughly
7. Put the lid back over the pan and cook for 5 more minutes
8. Add soya sauce and wait for 2 additional minutes
9. At this moment all the liquid in the pan should have evaporated which indicates that the chicken is fully cooked.
Note: If there is some liquid left you can increase the heat a little and cook until no liquid is left.
10.When there is no liquid left in the pan add pepper powder, lemon juice and mix well.
11.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Please follow the method for preparing this recipe exactly in the same sequence as mentioned above for great tasting pepper chicken