- Make tiny slits all around the eggplant and roast in a 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, till eggplant gets a charred coating on all sides.
- Remove the charred skin and mash insides of the eggplant. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute cumin seeds, ginger and green chillies, till they begin to sizzle.
- Add in onions and fry till brown. Mix in salt, red chili powder and turmeric and fry spices till fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and cook till pulpy.
- Add mashed eggplant and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly to blend in well.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy with warm, fluffy rotis.