Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 April 2011

Virgin Pina Colada



Ingredients:  
Fresh pineapple juice, semi frozen : 1 Cup, refer note
Thick Coconut milk/ extract - 1/2 cup, refer note
Vanilla Ice cream - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/4 teaspoon
(no ice as I feel it dilutes the taste of the drink)
Sugar - to taste and varying according to the sweetness of the pineapple.
Procedure: Blend everything in a blender and pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Please note:  

  •  I have blended 1 1/4 cup of chopped pineapple to get a cup of fresh pineapple juice. The pineapple was not very sweet, so I had to add extra sugar.
  • I have soaked about 3/4 cup of fresh grated coconut in a cup of hot water for 15-20 minutes, blended and strained to get about 3/4 cup of thick coconut milk. I have tried this with the tetra pack coconut milk, but it left a bitter and funny after taste. So I would definitely recommend home-made coconut extract.
  • You could use fresh whipped cream in place of the ice cream. 
  • I normally chill the liquid which goes into the drink in the freezer, so that I don't need to add any ice to chill the drink. 





No comments:

Post a Comment