1/2 lb boneless fish fillet
1 egg white
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons rice wine
oil for deep frying
1. Finely mince shrimp and fish.
2. Combine thoroughly with remaining ingredients.
3. Shape into 1 1/2″ (4cm) balls. Wet fingers to keep meat from sticking. (Note: I used a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon to help me make sure I’ve got balls of pretty much the same size.)
4. Deep fry in 350F (175C) oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Remove and drain.
6. Serve with preferred dipping sauce.