- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 (1-inch-thick) slices day-old country-style bread
- 8 ounces red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces yellow teardrop tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- 2. Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 3. Toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or until pink. Grill bread slices 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
- 4. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Combine bread, shrimp, tomatoes, olives, and basil in a large bowl; add remaining vinaigrette, and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Can be refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving.