Tuesday, 19 July 2011
Pizza with French Bread
- 1 long French loaf
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3-4 sun dried tomatoes in oil, depending on size
- 1.5 teaspoons oil from sun dried tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups mushrooms
- ¾ cup fresh mozzarella, cubed
1. Melt butter over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned. About 5-7 minutes. When mushrooms are browned, add spinach to hot pan to wilt slightly, and then remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, slice the bread into 4 even portions and slice into halves. Set aside. In a food processor, combine ricotta, sun dried tomatoes, SDT oil, Italian seasoning and milk. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
3. Place bread on a baking sheet. Smear an even amount of ricotta on each slice, then top with spinach, mushrooms, and cheese.
4. Put in a 400 degree oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.