Tuesday, 19 July 2011
- 1lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large chicken breast (or two small), grilled
- ½ cup salsa verde
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (any color)
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup black bean dip (or refried beans)
- 1 cup canned red beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon season salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Oil or additional butter for sautéing
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add your diced potatoes to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Allow potatoes to cook until just before being fork tender. Once done, remove from heat and drain well.
2. While potatoes are cooking sauté peppers and onions over medium heat in a couple of tablespoons of oil or butter for about 10 minutes or until vegetables soften. Once done remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl mix together your red beans and bean dip.
4. In a separate sauté pan add potatoes, 2 tablespoons of butter, garlic powder, onion powder, and season salt. Cook over medium high heat for approximately 10 – 12 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Add pepper to taste.
5. In a small casserole dish spray a small amount of cooking spray. Then layer: potatoes, bean mixture, sautéed veggies, chicken, salsa verde, cheese, and finally scallions.
6. Place in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and casserole is heated through.