* Salt and pepper
* 1/2 pound spaghetti or angel hair pasta
* One 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
* 2 large cloves garlic, grated
* 1/4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
* 3 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as sriracha, plus more to pass around the table
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
* 1/4 small cabbage, very thinly shredded
* 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced or chopped
* 1 medium zucchini, quartered & thinly sliced.
* 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
* Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
1. Start by cutting chicken into thin strips and then cutting each piece again into thin strips
2. Using a blender or food processor, combine a splash of hot water, the ginger, garlic, tamari, honey (or agave), tomato paste, vinegar, sesame oil and hot sauce until smooth.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
4. Get all of the remaining ingredients ready for a quick stir-fry. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the chicken and stirfry until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan onto a plate & set aside.
5. Add the cabbage, zucchini and bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
6. Then add the chicken back in and stir-fry another minute or two.
7. Next, add the green onions and ginger sauce...
And toss for 1 minute.
8. Finish by serving over the drained noodles and top with the sesame seeds. Pass more hot sauce around the table.
You can also use thin cut pork chops or boneless skinless chicken thighs.
*I didn't have Tamari, so I just used regular soy sauce & it was still delicious.
* I added in the zucchini the dish could use more veggies. The zucchini worked out perfectly!