9 oz/ 250 gms vermicelli (broken)
8 cups of milk
1 cup sugar (or to taste)¼ cup of raisins
1 cinnamon stick
10 green cardamoms (coarsely grounded)
- Soak raisins in water for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the milk, and stirring constantly bring to boil.
- Add cinnamon stick, cardamoms and cook for about 30 minutes or until the milk is slightly thickened and that the volume get reduced to 1/3.
- Add the raisins, pinch of saffron and sugar, Cook for 5 minutes.
- Next add roasted vermicelli, reduce the flame and stir 6 to 8 minutes.
- Now turnoff the flame and pour it in a serving bowl. Let it cool and then put into refrigerator. Serve chilled.