- Soak pistachios in the water for at least 3 hours.
- Rinse the rice under water and place into the pan.
- Add the half of the milk and stir. Cover and cook for 15-20 min until soft.
- Then add saffron, cardamoms, sugar and remaining milk. Simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until the rice is quite thick in consistency. If the rice pudding is to thick, add a little extra milk or water.
- Decorate with whole pistachios. Serve hot or cold.
Tuesday, 8 November 2011
½ cup rice
4 cups milk
8 tbsp sugar
½ tsp saffron
¼ cup pistachios
pistachios to decorate