- Put the sugar and water in a heavy base or nonstick pan and heat to dissolve the sugar. Increase the heat and boil for 2-3 minutes to make a syrup. Mix in the rose water and set aside.
- Put powdered milk, flour, semolina, butter, ground cardamom, and saffron in a bowl. Mix well with a little milk to make a soft dough.
- Divide into 18-22 equal portions, and roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil and gently deep fry the balls until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and put into the syrup.
- Bring the syrup to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Transfer the balls to a large shallow serving dish.
Tuesday, 8 November 2011
Gulab Jamun Recipe...
1¼ cup sugar
3 cups water
4 drops rose water
7 tbsp powdered milk
3 tsp self-raising flour
1 tsp semolina (Sooji)
3 tsp butter
pinch of saffron
milk to mix
oil for deep frying