- Using a sharp knife, cut the goat into small pieces.
- Mix the yogurt, garam masala, ginger, garlic, chili powder and salt together in a large bowl, stirring to mix well. Put goat to the yogurt mixture. Marinate for 1 h.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy-bottom pan, add the onions, cardamom, green chilies and bay leaves and cook until golden stirring constantly.
- Add the marinated mixture to the pan and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and the lemon juice and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the water, cover and let slimmer over low heat for 35-40 minutes. (If the sauce it too watery them remove the lid, increase the heat slightly and cook until the sauce has thickened to the correct consistency).
- Transfer the curry to to serving plates, garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with rice.
Tuesday, 8 November 2011
2 Ib4oz/1 kg goat, with bones
1 cup yogurt
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
2 tsp crushed fresh garlic
1½ tsp chili powder
salt to taste
2 onions, finely chopped
4 green cardamoms
2 bay leaves
3 fresh green chilies, chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp tomato paste
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves