- For paneer balls
- Mix all the ingredients very well and make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions and shape into small round balls.
- For the coconut mixture
- Cook the coconut and sugar for 10 minutes on a slow flame. Cool.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel. Add a little milk and run in until the saffron dissolves.
- Add the saffron mixture to the coconut mixture. Mix well.
- How to proceed
- Make a covering of the coconut mixture over each paneer ball using hand pressure.
- Arrange the balls in a plate and cover with silver foil. Chill.
- Cut each ball into 2 parts. Decorate with pistachios.
- Serve cold.
- Preparation time:20 min, Cooking time: 10 minutes
Tuesday, 8 November 2011
Chum Chum...Paneer and Coconut sweet
For the paneer balls (makes 20 balls)
½ kg paneer
8 tbsp powdered sugar
2-3 tsp rose water
a few drops rose essence
For the coconut mixture
2 cups dried coconut
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 pinches saffron
a little milk
4 -5 blanched and chopped pistachios, silver foil